Millions of Americans are affected by chronic pain. Living with chronic pain can not only cause those suffering to have to live with pain on a daily basis, it can cause other significant issues as well. It can cause decreased mobility, flexibility, and can make it harder to get through their everyday activities. If you are one of those suffering from chronic pain, receiving one of our Infusion Pain Treatment options may be a great option to decrease the pain you are living with every day.
Infusion Treatment ProcedureWhen you and your local Dallas pain management physician come to a decision that an infusion pain treatment is a viable option for you, you will come into the clinic for your outpatient procedure. It is a painless procedure in which an IV catheter is placed and you will stay approximately 45 minutes to 4 hours while your medication is infused. The staff will monitor you throughout the procedure to make sure all of your vitals are within normal range. Your health is always our top priority. The frequency that you will need to come into the clinic to receive your infusion treatments depends on the type of your pain, the severity, and the type of medication you are receiving. Most patients will receive several treatments.
Different Infusion Treatment TypesThere are various types of intravenous infusions available. When your pain management physician decides that an Infusion Pain Treatment is right for you a combination of medications will be prescribed for you depending on factors such ash; diagnosis, weight, and genetics. Some examples of Infusion types for chronic pain conditions are:
- Lidocaine- This medication alters the nerves responsible for pain
- Ketamine – This will desensitize the pain processing system and also is used to reboot tolerance to opioid medications
- Dexmedetomidine – Blunts the effects of an overstimulated nervous system and provides analgesia, muscle relaxation, and reduces the effects of medication withdrawal and traumatic stress
- Toradol- Reduces pain and overall inflammation
- Robaxin/Norflex – Reduce muscle spasms in the body
- Pamidronate – Can reduce bone pain for those who suffer from Chronic Regional Pain Syndrome